Saturday, July 7, 2007

Hours of Sleep: 14.

We were driving in Montreal. Mari was in the drivers seat, I was in shot gun and my brother was passed out in the back. We were exhausted after a full weekend of vacationing. It was Monday morning and we figured we wanted to get one last thing into our weekend before heading back to Toronto. Mari suggested we attend the local ball before we left (we had to be on the road by 10am). I thought it was cutting it close but agreed. We couldn't decide whether we should stop to get something to eat before going back to the hostel or afterwards. For some reason we never really figured it out and went back to the hostel anyway to get changed into our formal gowns.

By this point my brother had transformed into my sister, also who remained asleep. We walked through the stark hospital-like hallways of the hostel, curtains blocking doorways instead of doors. It was very quiet. For a few minutes I actually believed I lived there and we made it to my room which was larger than the others, completely plastic looking (like material used for really poor quality bathtubs) and enough room for a bed (which wasn't there) and what seemed a lot of room to swing your arms around.

Strange how descriptive it was since it ceased to exist almost as soon as we entered it and we were putting our stuff down in an actual hotel suite which was nicer than anything I've ever actually been in. My sister continued to sleep on the couch. Mari and I got dressed into elegant sequent covered gowns.

Around the corner we heard some noise (around the corner in our suite, there wasn't a door). We peers around and discovered the suite next door to us. I made some comment to Mari that I bet they had hired a prostitute...Mari smiled and decided she was curious to find out. She peeked around the corner and came back grinning mischievously, nodding affirmation to my prediction. Apparently there was a circle of men surrounding a woman on her knees, but we couldn't see much more than that (although we guessed what was happening).

All of a sudden the scene changed and all the men turned into Christian monks and we recognized a couple of them as high ranking bishops from the Catholic Church and possibly even the Pope himself, but we couldn't tell for sure. Instead of the woman we had previously seen, we, to our horror, saw a lineup of young boys who had been captured against their will. What proceeded was the most devastating and disgusting scene of genital mutilation and horrific sex acts that left both me and mari vomiting and shaking with fear. We noticed a couple of the monks circling the premises, each with a gun in visible sight. Our hearts dropped to our stomachs and we froze with fear. For some reason (I hadn't noticed until that moment) that I was holding a ripped piece of paper. It scrunched in my hand, making a what seemed incredibly loud crumpling sound. Panicking, Mari and I scurried back round the corner to our own suite, trying to hide. Just as we arrived to a couch in our suite one of the monks came running round the corner, the gun pointed right at us. I thought quickly and stammered out something like "Oh...silly us, we just woke up. We must have been lying on this piece of newspaper". I then glanced at my sleeping sister as if to prove that we were also sleeping. The monk breathed a sigh of relief and smiled. He put the gun down and went back to the next room.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome. also, you're SO wierd.

Unknown said...

i wish i had been there. sounds like something out of the da vinci code.

Unknown said...

wait a minute... i was there. hmmmm.

dreamer said...

I never read (or saw) the DaVinci code. But ok.