I wanted to go to the "other world" again. Apparently I had been there on numerous occasions. (Other dreams, perhaps?) I wanted to show my sister and bring her along so I lead her to the strange little computer booth (which was dark and had what seemed like an ATM machine). I think the booth was in a public bathroom somewhere and I initially tried to find it in the womens section and failed, forcing me to enter quickly into the mens washroom, running from stall to stall with my head down.
The secret was to think really hard about how you would shape the other world, shape it in any way you like, inserting all your wildest dreams. After you sufficiently thought about what you would like to see the other world to be, you were to approach the machine and tell it where you would like to go. The screen would then change from it's usual financial questionary to much more personal and strangely eery questions. You would touch the screen "yes" or "no" to each of the questions of the questionnaire and then, still thinking hard about the world you are going to, you would dive directly into the screen.
I went first and easily dove into the screen and arrived at scene on top of a roof somewhere. It was warm and breezy and in the centre of the vast concrete space was a sparkling pool and several people sitting along its edge. My sister appeared suddenly beside me, having apparently been successful at diving into the ATM machine.
The first thing that struck me about this other world was that when you inhaled (which was the first thing we did) the scene around us was entirely in greyscale. When we exhaled, for the duration of that exhalation and in accordance with the pressure of our exhale (so at the beginning of the exhale we exhaled with more pressure than at the end of it when we had run out of air) the scene around us with shine with vivid colour and then fade to greyscale again when our exhale had died.
We spent the first while searching for colourful flowers in bags along the side wall which apparently where ours (we had gotten some message that our first task was to find these flowers). It was difficult and we had quite a bit of stuff that was flowery in design, but we couldn't quite decide whether we had found the correct item.
Impatient, my sister wanted to go elsewhere so we went downstairs to a party of aristrocratic friends of my grandmother. Seated around a small dining table we introduced ourselves. We were greeted with enthusiasm and they seemed to be excited by the fact that the filmmaker and the actress had finally arrived. My friend Evan appeared next to me and there was someone very specific I was to introduce him to (perhaps someone who could help us financially with a film we were making?). But Evan showed little interest and wandered off somewhere lost in a cellphone conversation. After introducing myself to the rest of the party, I, curious where he went, followed him into a strange little corner of the "apartment" where I found him on couch by a fire, wrapped up in a soft blanket and fast asleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment